Header1200x385

× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed MET Exam 89%! List of QS I got

• RobTait
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 0

RobTait created the topic: Passed MET Exam 89%! List of QS I got

Bob Tait textbook saw me pass this one pretty easily - 30 Qs total, half operational MET and other half multiple choice MET theory - Here is a list of Questions I got for anyone whose about to sit it:

Q: Difference between a TAF3 and a TAF:
A: TAF3 is routinly issued 3 hourly, TAF is 6 hourly
Caution: I got this wrong - as there was another option that said "If a TAF3 falls in the validity time of the TAF, it surpasses the TAF and should be used instead" - Even tho my answer was correct in theory, it was not correct as per this exam, therefore if you get the same Q - go with the above answer

Q:When do land breeze occur?
A: Just after Dawn

Q: What time of day (local time) will a sea breeze be most pronoucned?
A: 14:00LST

Q: What weather is associated with this cloud (Kelvin Helmholtz Cloud Photo in Q)
A: Windshear

Q: 30 Mins before your private flight, you check the relevant TAF and GAFS, and see that their is a few cloud bases en route at 5000 feet, with no mention of poor weather or anything that could be a hazard to your flight - However, en route to your destination, you encounter thunderstorms, and forced to divert to another airport to avoid flying through them. Should you submit an AIREP report?
A: Yes - As soon as practicable to the relevant ATC service

Q: When can the Dew Point be higher than the ambient temp?
A: Never occurs

Q: A warm parcel of air rises upwards this called
A: Convection

Q: The one factor, which has the greatest influence as to whether rime ice or clear ice will form on an airborne aircraft is
A: Size of the super cooled water droplets

Q: "Speci rf 9.8/12.8"
A:. Rail fail in the last 10 mins 9.8 mm and rail fail 12.8 mm since 9:00 LST.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Passed MET Exam 89%! List of QS I got

Congratulations Rob

89% you have to be happy with that

Pilot11 replied the topic: Passed MET Exam 89%! List of QS I got

Hi Rob, I'm sitting for my MET CPL exam soon and I'm wondering if I need to thoroughly study the AIP to comfortably pass the exam. Also, are there any extra materials I would require to sit the exam. Thanks in advance

• RobTait
  • Topic Author
  • Away

RobTait replied the topic: Passed MET Exam 89%! List of QS I got

Thanks Stuart! Very Happy - anything above the pass mark I will gladly take haha :P

• RobTait
  • Topic Author
  • Away

RobTait replied the topic: Passed MET Exam 89%! List of QS I got

Hey mate, I wouldnt say that you need to thoroughly study the AIP prior to the exam, because its part of the permitted items you can bring in. I suggest highlighting and tagging all the sections relating to MET tho - e.g. the TAF3 section, alternate requirements, etc etc.. see list below that I highliged/tagged before I sat:
GEN 3.5- 7
GEN 3.5- 13
GEN3.5- 21
ENR 1.1- 25
ENR1.1 -73
ENR 1.2 -1
ENR 1.5 -33
ENR 1.10 -1

In terms of study material - the bob tait textbook on MET I feel is more than enough - if you go through the book back to front and do the practice exam questions, that should set you up nicely for it. Honestly I was a bit surprised, as the exam questions were a lot simpler than the ones in the bob tait textbook. So if your answering the practise exam questions in the text book with ease, you will have no problems with the questions on the exam. I also use pilotpractisexams for extra study - which helps as well. Make sure you are confident with operational MET tho such as TAFS and GAFS, as half the exam marks consisted of operational MET like decoding TAFs and interpreting GAFs. Hope that helps if you have any other questions shoot us a message cheers

PJ332 replied the topic: Passed MET Exam 89%! List of QS I got

I love the fact that you are not deterred by the threats of exam restrictions for knowledge sharing. Good for you man.

Pilot11 replied the topic: Passed MET Exam 89%! List of QS I got

Thanks alot man,

You're doing me and the rest of us a solid one. All the best with any future exams and stay cool

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds