Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Isothermal Layers and Temperature Increases at Higher Altitudes.

• Eli.W
  • Topic Author

Eli.W created the topic: Isothermal Layers and Temperature Increases at Higher Altitudes.

Hello Everyone,

I was reading through the CPL Meteorology book and read some information regarding Isothermal layers pertaining to the Tropopause then going into the Stratosphere, this piqued my curiosity so I looked them up online and found very little information. I know the increased temperature in the Stratosphere is as result of proximity to the Ozone layer, however what about the Isothermal layers above, as well as a temperature change in the Mesopause. I believe that there is an Isothermal layer in the Mesopause as well (?) What causes the stable/increasing temperatures at higher altitudes that don't follow the Adiabatic Lapse Rates?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Isothermal Layers and Temperature Increases at Higher Altitudes.

G'day Eli

I think the best bet is to have a good look at this module from the BOM bmtc.moodle.com.au/course/view.php?id=136

you can go as deep as you like into all sorts of topics

Cheers

• Eli.W
  • Topic Author

Eli.W replied the topic: Isothermal Layers and Temperature Increases at Higher Altitudes.

That looks wonderful, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds