Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Casa Exam

• Dobbo
  • Topic Author

Dobbo created the topic: Casa Exam

Afternoon Bob,

Just completed my CASA PEXO CPLH Met exam up here in Cairns this morning. I achieved a pass rate of 76% which I should be happy with I suppose but I am a tad deflated as the KDR suggests I have some study to go in this topic. I achieved a 92% pass on a cyber yesterday and have been tracking at around 85% in the Bob Tait / AFT study literature.
My question is: Can a successful career still be achieved with such an early poor low result? Are the oral make up tests as required on the KDR to appease a flight instructor, random questions or do they work of a syllabus of sorts?
I suppose on the positive side, I have saved $150:00 in not having to re sit the MET exam.

Cheers:

Dobbo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Casa Exam

Congratulations Dobbo. As they say, a pass is a pass. As far as the pass result having an impact on future employment, I have never heard of an employer showing any interest in the actual mark as long as you have satisfied the CASA requirements for the issue of a licence. Also, your testing officer is likely to concentrate on the practical skills required for you to function as a pilot. You will need to read and interpret a meteorological message understand the operational requirements it may impose. The approved testing officers I know are all pretty practical people. Enjoy the rest of your training and put any disappointment behind you. You've passed the exam with a solid mark.

Bob

• Dobbo
  • Topic Author

Dobbo replied the topic: Casa Exam

Thanks Bob.

I understand that a pass is a pass in everyday living, I wasn't certain if that carried over into the aviation world. Thanks for the sound advice and onwards and upwards as they say.

Cheers:

Dobbo.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds