Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CMET exam structure

• leancut
  • Topic Author

leancut created the topic: CMET exam structure

Just a heads up from my recent experience in the CPL MET exam, this aspect of which (see below) I was unprepared for but perhaps those more astute than me were already aware of...?

The exam was not 40 1-mark questions, as i assumed it would be. In my case, it was 30 questions, many of which had 2 marks attached. The 2-mark questions tended to be the more complicated ARFOR questions, especially those involving plotting weather fronts on the PCA / WAC and then answering questions based on ETA at different airfields. There were about 6 of these. There were also some answers that required a calculation to be made and then entered as a number (i.e. not multiple choice). Both of the questions i had in this format related to QNH or altitude.

Hope thats of some help to someone...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: CMET exam structure

Thanks for the information, leancut. It will help remove some of the mystery of the exam. I am also glad to see the more complex questions getting the mark weighting they deserve.
Cheers,
Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds