Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Practice tests forecast page references

• rssluca
  • Topic Author

rssluca created the topic: Practice tests forecast page references

Hi Bob and Richard,

I believe references to forecast page numbers in practice might not be correct, perhaps since the addition of page 105? www.bobtait.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/64/METALL105.pdf.

Can you please confirm?

Pages 169 and 170 forecasts are actually similar and got me confused over Test 1 Q10 and 11 for a while. Only after I moved onto Q12 and 13 I realised I was actually looking at the wrong forecast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Practice tests forecast page references

Yes, you are correct, it was caused by the addition of page 105.. I have made the changes to the text. Fortunately it only affected the e-text versions and that will be fixed shortly. Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Bob

• tmuza

tmuza replied the topic: Practice tests forecast page references

I found on page 6.29 question
18 Which temp range is most likely to produce rime ice?
a- 0-- -10 c
b -10 - -20c
c -20 - -30c
d -30 - -40c
you have the answer as b, but yet in the book on page 6.13 you have it as -10 - -30c ??
so what answer do we put as u have in the book... b.. but it only seams half right... and why is the difference

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Practice tests forecast page references

Remember that the temperature ranges for icing are at best, a guide and not a scientific fact. Nature isn't that tidy! It's probably best to say that for rime ice it's -10°C or colder. It's hard to put an exact figure on it. However it is true that when the temperature is -10°C or below rime ice is possible. If it's too cold, like below -30°C, most of the water in the atmosphere is already frozen as ice crystals and these do not adhere to the skin of the aircraft so icing is less likely.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds