Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Cloud Bowral at 2350 UTC

• gregk
  • Topic Author

gregk created the topic: Cloud Bowral at 2350 UTC

Hi Rich, Bob, my question relates to an online exam prep question with reference on ARFOR/TAF 5 on page 49 of VFR Day Book.

It asks what the cloud amount and level is at 2350UTC at Bowral?

It reads: Bowral
FM 23 5000M SH BKN CU 5000
500M FOG
FM 22 5000M BKN ST 3000 (this was given as correct answer in review)
FM00 8000 BKN SC 4500

Does this seem correct, I read it as after 2300 we would have BKN CU 5000 which is where 2350 is.

Secondly I have the DAy VFR book V2.2 September 1998 is this still the current book and do we take our own or are they provided on arrival at the exam centre.

Cheers, Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Cloud Bowral at 2350 UTC

Hi Greg,

The line "FM 23 5000M SH BKN CU 5000" refers to Mt. Victoria. The Bowral forecast starts with the line "500M fog". The forecast cloud amount and level will be 5-7 oktas at 3000 ft AMSL for your arrival at 2350.

The Day VFR booklet has had a revision so version 2.2 is no longer the latest edition. However, the content is almost identical thought there are some errors and minor content changes. For more information check out this forum post:

www.bobtait.com.au/forum/important-news/...in-casa-vfr-workbook

You can download the most recent version here:

www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/fcl/...yberexam/day_vfr.pdf

In any case, an exam workbook will be supplied. You will not be allowed to bring your own copy into the exam.

Cheers,

Rich

• gregk
  • Topic Author

gregk replied the topic: Cloud Bowral at 2350 UTC

Thanks Richard. Once again fooled by the paperwork, aargh! Or is it the tradesmen blaming his tools again.

Appreciate your help.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds