Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Met CPL/ATPL tip

• Shiellsy
  • Topic Author

Shiellsy created the topic: Met CPL/ATPL tip

Hey guys just throwing out some general advice for those of you getting stuck into met.

I just completed the CPL and ATPL met exams this week. I got some good advice from some mates that it is worth doing them back to back as the content is very similar. For those wishing to go straight onto their ATPL this is pretty solid advice that can save you some time. The content in both exams is very, very similar! If you can get a strong pass at the CPL level, and you study up on high level met (which isn't as much as I thought it would be). You should have no dramas at ATPL!

It saves time studying it while its all still fresh in your scone!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sydpilot

sydpilot replied the topic: Met CPL/ATPL tip

Do you mean, the CPL Met. exam was your last exam and you had a 'full exam credit' for CPL and then did the ATPL Met. exam?

• Shiellsy
  • Topic Author

Shiellsy replied the topic: Met CPL/ATPL tip

Not exactly.

I'm in an unusual position - I have a CP(H)L which I got though converting my military qualifications. This conversion leaves me with a licence but no exam credits. So if I want to get a CP(A)L CASA say I need to do all seven exams (even the four common exams). In the same breath, because I hold a commercial licence (H) I can attempt the common ATPL subjects because the system treats me as if I'm working toward an ATPL(H). Once my Aeroplane theory credit ticks over I finish the remaining ATPL(A) subjects!

I did CMET and AMET back to back and they were pretty much the same. I have CHUF and AHUF both booked in on the same day next week so I hope they are pretty similar! :unsure:. I'm going to do exactly the same with CLWA and AALW if HUF goes well!

I understand that 99.9% of people need the full credit before continuing and would be unable to do the above. However if you were keen to keep going with your studies I would recommend putting some thought into doing a bit of extra work and doing your HUF and MET last, then going straight into your ATPLs leading with HUF and MET.

My goal is to get the theory out of he way as "efficiently" as possible! ;)

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds