Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Yay! Passed!

• Bungee
  • Topic Author

Bungee created the topic: Yay! Passed!

Passed MET today 95%. I stuffed up a question about Inversions and one about thunderstorms... Anyhow, happy to only get the 2 wrong. Your books are great Bob... In fact, in the Met exam, some of your practice exam questions were very similar to the Casa exam questions!
For anyone doing MET there was a lot of OPR's questions (arfor/taf decoding etc.)
My next move... Aerodynamics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Yay! Passed!

:woohoo: Woot Bungee!! 95% too. Mate, you caned it well and truly. Well done :)

• Bungee
  • Topic Author

Bungee replied the topic: Re: Yay! Passed!

Cheers Richard!

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Yay! Passed!

Well done Bungee that's a top score!

• rl_referre

rl_referre replied the topic: Re: Yay! Passed!

Are most questions based on Operational Met in the NAV exam?

• Ray

Ray replied the topic: Re: Yay! Passed!

I did the Met exam on Friday. Lots of operational met questions (over half I would have said) and some general meteorological knowledge questions. Most of the operational questions were TAFs and ARFORs, so study up on them. Also worth knowing the aerodromes in area 21 as all the questions I got were regarding flights between Wagga and Merimbula via Canberra and you need to determine the location of the frontal passage over time in this area (use the PCA).

I was very pleased to get 100% in this exam. A concession to Bob - CASA still refer to a RASH in the work booklet too, even though it is so outdated.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Yay! Passed!

Congratulations again Ray. That sounds like a pretty normal spread of questions for Met. I have often told students, if you are not confident on operational Met, don't waste your time sitting the exam. Operational Met questions always account for at least half of the exam. At the same time, make sure you are bullet proof on General Met, you can't afford to lose any marks in that area.

Congratualtions again on a truly fantastic result.

Bob

• Richard

Another 100% Ray. This is becoming a habit with you :laugh: First Met and then Air Law. That is one heck of an average mate. Good on you, well done!

Cheers,

Rich

• Ray

Ray replied the topic: Re: Yay! Passed!

Thanks Rich. It was actually Aerodynamics that I scored the other 100%, not Air Law. In the Air Law exam I was robbed of the 100% by the 'Cb requiring an alternate' question and had to settle for 98%.

AGK is next up in a couple of weeks so I am up to my armpits in studying the ignition/magneto system at the moment :)

• Richard

D'Oh! It was too. My mistake. Well done in any case. By the way, 98% for Air Law is simply not good enough. You should ask for a re-sit just to try for the trifecta :evil:

(Honestly though, an amazing GPA. Good job!)

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds