Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CPL meteorology text

• lowerog
  • Topic Author

lowerog created the topic: CPL meteorology text

Question on pages 5.9
Why is the wind at Perth north easterly (not north west or west) and Darwin south easterly (south west)

Question on page 5.10
Why is qnh at Perth 1022 and not 1012 as that is the isobar going right through Perth?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: CPL meteorology text

Hi lowerog,

Can you tell me what version of the textbook you have? Those are not the answers in the current version. The gradient wind at Perth is indeed north west and the QNH is 1012.

Good on you for spotting the correct answers!

Cheers,

Rich

P.S. Sorry it took a while to get back to you. We're up in Ingham for the Ingham Air Show at the moment. Looks like it's going to be a good day for it!

• lowerog
  • Topic Author

lowerog replied the topic: Re: CPL meteorology text

Thanks Richard

Issue 5, June 2010, only just purchased this week.

Are there any other corrections i check the supplement and didnt see any corrections

Regards,

Roger

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: CPL meteorology text

The latest version is Issue 6 July 2011. You should be pretty right with your version, apart from the changes to the questions you mentioned. You're right we don't have an errata sheet up for Met yet (just the AiIP reference updates). Most changes are pretty minor but I think we should get something online even if it is just to correct those answers. I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, if you have a query about something in your book, just post here and we'll check it out.

Cheers,

Rich

• Bungee

Bungee replied the topic: Re: CPL meteorology text

I am glad I spotted this post, My book is the same issue. Is there a way retailers can make sure they have the latest copies of your books?

At least if you can post the changes here we can make sure we're on top of it!

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: CPL meteorology text

These changes have been talked about in this forum in the past. I think it was a simple printing error and as Richard said, been updated. Retailers, to be frank, probably don't really care which version they have and nor do they need to to be honest.

Another reason why these forums such a good err.. forum for these things :)

• Ezz35

Ezz35 replied the topic: Re: CPL meteorology text

I noticed in my text too, bought near the start of this year. I have met Tuesday and was concerned that I was somehow miss reading what I was seeing!

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: CPL meteorology text - Errata

I've put this into the CPL Met errata list which you can find under Products -> Books -> Updates and Errata. The direct link is here:
Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds