Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Time syntax

• mrchavez
  • Topic Author

mrchavez created the topic: Time syntax

If a departure/arrival time is given in the MET exam without the Z or UTC suffix is it automatically assumed to be UTC+10?

The CASA website states:
Area and aerodrome forecasts – It would appear that some candidates could have been misapplying the appropriate UTC time to the given flight scenario.

I assumed that as pilots we speak in UTC only to avoid confusion.
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Time syntax

Gday,

It would be assumed to be UTC. If it's +10 then you're talking local time. There have been questions in an exam (nav) I think that dealt in local time, but it was always expressly stated that it is local time (and at the end of the day it didn't really matter)

If you're looking at a forecast then yes the time is ALWAYS in UTC/Z. Not too sure what CASA meant by candidates not applying the correct UTC time?.. As far as I remember I didn't need to convert any times.

Cheers

• mrchavez
  • Topic Author

mrchavez replied the topic: Re: Time syntax

Thanks for the reply.
I suspected this would be the case I just found the CASA comment to be a bit odd.

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Time syntax

Fair enough, I didn't really understand it either :) Good luck with the exam, let us know how you go.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds