Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello all

• brentonrule
  • Topic Author

brentonrule created the topic: Hello all

Hi. I am a new pilot; well new to CPL anyway. 58 Years Old and been flying for over 40 years as a PPL. Based in East Gippsland Victoria; flying out of Bairnsdale and training with with Bob Hussey for my CMD IR and CPL. I have had a passion for flying all my life and now that I am 'retired' I can devote myself to being the best I can be and thus enjoying it a whole lot more. The best bhit is getting the old brain cells active again.

The real challenge is decyphering the CASA questions - who writes this stuff? Oh tha's right they have 14 focus groups and thirteen review organisations and that's how they get the questions so crystal clear and unambiguous. Having just passed the IREX I can probably make this comment without sounding toooo cynical. :sick:

Anyway, Bob, I have found your texts to be invaluable and as a 'study at home' student they help me to get a good understanding of all subjects.

Just begun the CPL air law and will be on this forum for some time to come as I progress.\

Great service. Look forward top some interesting dialogue.

regards, Brenton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Hello all

Gidday Brenton

Welcome to the forums. At 58 years young I hope you'll be around for a good while yet. Preparing for the IREX by home study is a pretty steep hill to climb -congratulations, hope you enjoy the view from the summit. I really appriciate your feed-back and we look forward to working with you through Air Law [WOW, IREX then Air Law - you're a tiger for punishment!!]

Cheers

Bob

• Mark Bolton

Mark Bolton replied the topic: Re: Hello all

Hi Brenton,

good to see you ! Bob' s tuitional material both on paper and online are pretty good aren't they?

Take Care

Mark

• brentonrule
  • Topic Author

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: Hello all

G'day Mark. Thanks for the note. (and thank you Bob for the welcome). I sahll be a regular in the forums as I now 'attack' the 7 CPL subjects. Nice to know there is someone out there.

Best regards,
Brenton
PS: attached is the Cutlass that we fly all over the countryside. This shot was taken at Broken Hill. Also, my dream machine - 737/800 sim in Melbourne
Attachments:

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Hello all

Hi Brenton! Welcome aboard! All the best with your studies and if we can help just shout.

Cheers,

Rich

• Mark Bolton

Hey great sim action going there ! I would love to have a go on a proper one. Have often wondered how realistic they are at the edges. You hear stories like FED EX 500 stall turning onto finals and you wonder if the sim can follow it through. I am told they can !

I pretty much lurk here at the moment. I am starting a new line of work and it takes what little grey matter I have left to stay on top of the traineeship. Hopefully once I have a bit of an idea what I am doing at work I will be able to get back to studying to get my PPL back up and current.

Ain't it a shame when work gets in the way of one's hobbies?

Cheers

Mark

• PeterG

PeterG replied the topic: Re: Hello all

Mark, we go halfs in a 737?

• Mark Bolton

For sure Peter !! Mebbe put me down for a Pitts S2 or a Tiger Moth ;-)

• Adam

Adam replied the topic: Re: Hello all

Hi Brenton

Couldn't help but seeing that you have done your flying training with Bob Hussey.
My old man tells stories of flying with Bob as a youngen (probably a good 40 years ago) and he would love to catch up with him, maybe even do an hour or twos flying as well. I was wondering if you would mind giving me the details as to how i could get a hold of him, itd be much appreciated.

Cheers
Adz

• brentonrule
  • Topic Author

brentonrule replied the topic: Bob Hussey

Hi ADZ.

Yes I do fly with Bob. He now has a Chief Pilot/Operating Officer, Mark Noble who does the majority of the flying these days. Bob still instucts and does charter work when he feels like it. He now has over 30,000 hours and is a wealth of knowledge. They run Bairnsdale Air Charter and Flying School. Naturally at Bairnsdale airport in East Gippsland. YBNS.

eastgippslandaeroclub.com.au/index.php?o...icle&id=63&Itemid=76 has all the details on Bob and Mark's contacts and also a link to the local aero club site.

Hope to see you here with your Dad one day - let me know and we can catch up. My direct email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds