Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Aiming for BVLOS Operation

• Thank you received: 0

rlmagar created the topic: Aiming for BVLOS Operation

Hi all,
Rob here.

Firstly, thank you Stuart for sorting my login issue.

I do not come from Aviation Background, I recently got my RePL and AROC for both Multirotor and Powerlift VTOL so just a bit of theory associated during that course. I intend to do BVLOS operation in the near future hence preparing for IREX exam.
Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Best,
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 237

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Aiming for BVLOS Operation

Welcome Rob

It is a ridiculous requirement for a RePL operator to have to do an IREX exam for BVLOS, that being said it is what it is, we have a video lecture course that would probably be the best course of action for the exam as you have to get your head around the not only the acronyms and jargon of aviation but the relevant air law pursuant to IREX. I would suggest you get a text book or E-Text for IREX and start your study noting what you can't understand or follow then use the videos to help fill in the gaps. If you are able to attend a face to face class that would be most beneficial as the class environment and classmates will help immerse you in the subject and hopefully get you through. There are many topics in this forum that will also assist, and don't be shy in asking as there are no stupid questions we are all here to help.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: rlmagar

• Thank you received: 0

rlmagar replied the topic: Aiming for BVLOS Operation

Thanks Stuart, means a lot.

Requirement of CASA for BVLOS operation is to have a supervising remote pilot to passed an IREX exam. Its a lot!
But oh well, it is what it is. I have bought a Text Book and E-Text for IREX and will start with that and I will do the video lecture course too. Few months down the track, I will attend a face to face class and then eventually sit for exam.
Hopefully I am on the right track.

Cheers,
Rob

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds