Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello

• Mandurah Paul
  • Topic Author

Mandurah Paul created the topic: Hello

Good morning all !
My name is Paul Ware and I live in Mandurah, Western Australia.
After many years of thinking about it I eventually had my first lesson yesterday at Murrayfield Airfield, Mandurah ....... Wow !
I’m addicted already and am hanging out for lesson number 2 next Saturday.
To obtain my RPL seems a long way off at the moment and any help from you all along the way will be much appreciated.
Looking forward to the forums and the months of learning ahead !
Cheers
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SJM

SJM replied the topic: Hello

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the forum! Murrayfield is a nice strip! I gather you're learning on the C152 acrobat with the Royal Aero Club?

I'm fly out of Jandakot though i first flew the C172 out of Murrayfield. If you're keen for a flight between lessons let me know and we can organise something on it or the Super Decathlon.

Go into every lesson with a bit of fun and you will quickly find its RPL test day!

• Mandurah Paul
  • Topic Author

Mandurah Paul replied the topic: Hello

Hi SJM

Thanks for getting in touch and for your very kind offer, it would be great to get up in the air with you, any extra time up there has got to be a bonus !

You are correct in me learning with the Royal Aero Club in the C152, I was advised to start off in that aeroplane and then progress to the C172 for my PPL. It’s a great airfield to start flying from and to get some confidence behind the controls.

I have never been in either a C172 or a Super Decathlon and to see and hear what it is like flying out of Jandakot would be a valuable experience.

I’m actually on holiday this week but will be home as of next weekend in time for my second lesson Saturday morning. I work irregular hours but I hope we can squeeze something in at some point.

Do you get to fly often yourself ?

Cheers

Paul

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds