Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Bob Tait's books

• mspcooper
  • Topic Author

mspcooper created the topic: Bob Tait's books

I'm 38 and have had a great deal of love towards aviation. I embarked on my journey to become a private pilot 4 years ago. I was attracted to a RPL aviation school. Happens to be that the guy who ran the school (let's call him Mr. X) was more into making an income than about proper teaching. I had to leave this journey and join a proper flying school. My experience was pleasant and i was learning a lot. Few months later, Mr. X was made CFI for my new school. Same thing started happening again. So, i joined another school. This school was awesome, except i had no aircraft available for the hours that were suitable for me (i work full time!!). Finally, i made the plunge to buy a damn aircraft (Cirrus SR 22 Australis) and used some networking skills to get my training with my own aircraft.

When i took the PPL theory, i got 64% with basic reading and was very happy and disappointed at the same time. I decided to spend more time reading Bob Tait's books in and out over the next 4-6 weeks and got 83% on my second attempt.

I have my flight test next friday! No idea what to expect (any tips would be greatly appreciated).

What i wanted to say was that Bob Tait's books were so good (for someone like me who was time poor) that my exam pass is mainly due to the books. What an excellent read! I'm very thankful for the quality of data and the proper explanation.

Thank you Bob Tait.

Vas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Bob Tait's books

Vas,

Thank you for your post. It's great to hear that someone like you with such a passion for flying finally achieved his goal in spite of set-backs. I am glad that you found our publications helpful. As far as your flight test goes, I can't see anything getting in your way at this stage - especially with such a beautiful aircraft under you. Just relax and enjoy it! I wish you all the best for your flight test and I'd be interested to know how your go. How about some pics?

Bob

• mspcooper
  • Topic Author

mspcooper replied the topic: Bob Tait's books

Hi Bob,

I cleared my PPL Flight Test on Monday. I have tried to upload photos many times on to this site, but have been unsuccessful.
Is there a trick?

Click on 'Action' button then click on 'reply'. Click on 'attachments'. 'add files'. select your image and click on 'insert all'

Then 'submit'

• mspcooper
  • Topic Author

mspcooper replied the topic: Bob Tait's books

Thank you Bob for the detailed instructions.

Congratulations mspcooper. Great photos! What a beautiful looking aircraft. You must be very happy. Here's hoping you have lots of fun.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds