Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

G'day from SA!

• Kapundakid@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author

Kapundakid@hotmail.com created the topic: G'day from SA!

G'day everyone,

My name is Ashley or AKA "Ash".

I started flying back in 1996 at Parafield and achieved my full PPL(a) in 1999. Back in those days, I had every intention to progress to CPL but due to lack of funds and the need to move into full time employment, I just focused on keeping my PPL current.

In 2006 I purchased my first house. Needless to say, that doomed my flying career for about 5yrs.

In 2010, I decided to take the plunge, "turn to the dark side" and do the RA-AUS conversion, just so I could get my wings back and keep flying in a much cheaper fashion.
Soon after I joined RA-AUS and got my pilot certificate, I found myself signing for ownership of my own CJ-1 Corby Starlet (the one in my profile pic). I keep this little gem In a shared hanger with another CJ-1 and fly as much as I can, when I can with my good friend.

Since converting to recreational aviation, I've renewed my PPL and updated to the new part 61 licence. So now that I am basically all current again in both GA and Sport aviation, I have decided to turn back to my original goal of achieving my CPL and essentially, ticking off that blank box on my "things to achieve in life" list.

As I have no burning desire to be a front line career pilot (I already have a great career as a paramedic!), I have chosen to self study my CPL topics at home, using this wonderful online school Bob Tait has to offer. I also consider this as a means of getting some great theory revision for my existing PPL and Pilot certificate.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Feel free to message me and chat more anytime.

Cheers everyone and good luck with your studies.

Kind regards,

Ash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: G'day from SA!

Gidday Ashely and welcome to the forums. You're obviously 'one of us' and we look forward to your company. I love your Starlet, it reminds me of all the happy years I spent with my Pitts S1E. It's good to see that you've decided to take on the CPL studies. We wish you all the best and remember that we're always here if you get depressed and need a hug!

Bob

• Kapundakid@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author

Kapundakid@hotmail.com replied the topic: G'day from SA!

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the warm welcome and encouragement.

Yes I love my little Corby. I like to describe it as "a motorbike of the sky". It's so much fun to fly and relatively low cost to run.

Kind regards,

Ash.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: G'day from SA!

It's a dam side safer than a motor bike mate!

• Kapundakid@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author

Kapundakid@hotmail.com replied the topic: G'day from SA!

Absolutely spot on there mate!

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds