Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

G'day from Mars

• PeterG
  • Topic Author

PeterG created the topic: G'day from Mars

Wonder if that got your attention. Lol. I'm Peter and I'm flat out studying for the GPFT at the moment and then onto PPL and hopefully CPL here in Adelaide at Bruce Hartwig. I'm not a spring chicken so I probably don't have great prospects at employment in the industry after CPL yet that is not the reason to learn how to fly. Just to learn how to fly is the only reason and for the life of me, I cannot find any other reasonable justification. And I don't care. I believe that when your time is up, all you have is your memories and experiences. So, get out there and experience EVERYTHING.
I will probably be around for a while and will probably ask some very wierd questions in the forums. My occupation is a Boilermaker so i believe anything can be repaired with a 4lb sledge hammer and a run of weld.
Anybody who wants to say g'day, don't be shy, I only bite Port Power supports (yes, I go for the Crows.)

Cheers
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Re: G'day from Mars

GO THE MIGHTY CROWS!!!

Peter,

It's great to hear from you even if you are so far away. You are at the beginning of a great adventure and, judging from the way you are approaching it, you will find it very rewarding. I look back to when I started to learn to fly [that really is more than half a century ago] and I have never regretted a moment of it. An important reason for that is the hundreds of wonderful people I've been able to associate with on the way. Maybe aeroplanes are not usually made of angle-iron, but I'm sure you will fit in just fine.

All the best with your study and with your flying training. Please keep in touch because we would all love to share your journey.

Blue skies and soft landings always...

Bob

• dtrembath

dtrembath replied the topic: Re: G'day from Mars

Hi There Mars Boy
I'm also from Adelaide and doing my CPL very late (I'm already 58) ... only started just over 12 months ago ...... have PPL, a couple of other endorsements and passed 5 of the CPL exams (Performance and Aerodynamics to go) and only 155 hours ... why would I do this so late ... like you ... its more for the challenge ... not as a career.
Anyway ... a Crows supporter eh ... I'd have thought your job might have been a florist and interior decorator or something similar ...
Best of luck ...
David www.bobtait.com.au/components/com_kunena...emoticons/unsure.png

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: G'day from Mars

Good to see another philosopher on the forums :laugh:

Welcome Peter! Glad to see you here.

Cheers

Rich

• zulugurl

zulugurl replied the topic: Re: G'day from Mars

Hey, hey! hello David!
Glad to see I'm not the oldest here! (not far off you tho')
I thought I was the only nutter doing CPL so late in life! - difference is tho - I always wanted this as a career but back in the 'olden days' my parents didn't believe it was appropriate for their daughter to become a 'glorified bus driver!'
Now my kids have left home, I can be selfish and chase my dream! I fly floats - never wear shoes and am happier than I have ever been in my life!
Just passed my final CPL exam this week!!!! :D still can't get the silly grin off my face!

I think we should have a special section for us oldies!

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Re: G'day from Mars

It's great to hear that you finally climbed the mountain. Congratualtions. You obvioulsly have the passion. I hope all of your dreams for the future are fulfilled and you go on to enjoy a great association with aviation. Please keep in touch.

Bob

• PeterG
  • Topic Author

PeterG replied the topic: Re: G'day from Mars

I don't think us 'oldies' need a special section. We can take over the whole thing. lol

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds