Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello

• Mario
  • Topic Author

Mario created the topic: Hello

Hi all. My son and I went for an introductory flight at Cessnock, NSW, and we are both hooked. He has decided to pursue a career in aviation and is looking at an integrated course at Cessnock, and the live in one at Wagga Wagga. We are visiting Wagga next week and he will make a decision after that.

I am going to do it a little slower, and only to the PPL stage, so I purchased the e-books, and started with the RPL, and its extremely well set out. I am quickly getting through it, and thoroughly enjoying the education. I am hoping that I can then help him with the theory if he gets stuck. He's 17...a good age to start in this industry, I think.

Both schools teach PPL /CPL/ MECIR, but in Cessnock its over 50 weeks, whilst at Wagga, being live-in, and more intense, its 32 weeks.

Can you provide your opinion if 32 weeks is enough time. I realize you cannot give your opinion on the actual schools... I am just concerned if it may be too quick.

Regards

Mario

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Hello

Hi Mario

Thanks for making this post on our forum. When it comes to flying training there are many options available. The one that suits you depends largely on your own temperament and expectations. You can be sure that any flying training organisation that has been approved by CASA is competent and capable of providing training to the required standard. You have made a wise decision in checking out the various options. There is no better way to assess a school than by way of a personal visit and face-to-face discussion.

The time scales for training are the result of each school's experience over the years and you can be sure the various programs have been delivering success to most students who are enrolled - it's up to you to choose the one that suits you best. Just remember that whatever your decision, you will always be welcome to turn to us for advice and assistance when it comes to theory training.

All the best with your endeavour.

• Mario
  • Topic Author

Mario replied the topic: Hello

Thank Bob. Great answer.
Will keep you posted and in the meantime continue with my flying education with your books.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds