Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi all

• Scruba
  • Topic Author

Scruba created the topic: Hi all

I've been interested in civil aviation since I was pre-teens and always wanted to fly a plane. Closest I've been is up front on a Cessna en route to my honeymoon. I've spent plenty of hours on PC flight sims but nowhere near as exhilarating as the real deal. It's time to tick some things off my bucket list.

I've looked into a joy flight where I can take control for a bit then saw that I could do an introductory flight and it could go towards my log book and got me seriously thinking about going for my RPL.

Guess the first question is what text books should I start with?

I need to find a flight school I'm comfortable with and get started discussing lessons etc. also. I'm north Brisbane based. Any recommendations?

Cheers,
Scruba

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Hi all

Hi Scruba!

Welcome to the forums and welcome to the exciting world of aviation! Sounds like you may have been bitten by the bug too which is great to hear. If you are interested in textbooks, I guess it's OK if I'm biased and recommend Bob's books for your theory preparations. You will need the RPL textbook for your RPL studies and then eventually the PPL text if you decide to go on and complete your private pilot licence. You can order Bob's books from our online store or from your local pilot supply store. We also run full time theory courses for the PPL and the next one is starting mid-January.

There are other texts available as well, such as the series from Aviation Theory Center or from Dyson Holland which you can find at other pilot supply stores too.

As for schools, if you are north Brisbane, Redcliffe airport might be your best bet. I instruct with Aerobatics Australia, a flying school next door to Bob's theory school and there are also Air Queensland and Redcliffe Aero Club here at the airport. My advice would be to pop in and have a chat with us over a cup of coffee and find out some possible ways to get your flying started. That will also give you a chance to check out the other schools here and see which one suits you best. They are all a good bunch :)

Have fun and maybe we'll see you in Redcliffe one day soon!

Cheers,

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds