Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

One taste and I'm hooked.

• coffeesnobs
  • Topic Author

coffeesnobs created the topic: One taste and I'm hooked.

In my 47 years I have chalked-up many tons of hours sitting in commercial aluminium tubes to destinations all over the world. Take-off and landing is always a buzz but flying was mostly an annoyance and an involuntary lag that delayed getting to the destination.

On the 12th September I did the "Trial Instructional Flight" with Lachlan @ SkyThrills in Lethbridge and half an hour later I'm totally hooked. As soon as we were back on the ground and had the headsets off I was asking when I could schedule the first training flight and what reading material I should buy.

The answers were "Bob Tait's BAK and PPL" and any day next week.

I bought both of Bob's books and that's the reason I'm here on the forum. These books are written really well, I love Bob's way of describing complex things and the quick quiz at the end of each chapter really helps to test my comprehension. I've been reading BAK for an hour each night, most paragraphs I'm reading twice as I'm a low comprehension reader but to my surprise I'm really loving the study.

So, I went for my first hour lesson today, "Straight and Level Flight" and we finished the hour off with a few 30 degree turns. A few periods in the C172 were spent feeling a tad uncoordinated but much of what I had read in the first few chapters of BAK is already starting to gel and I'm itching for the next flight already.

Thanks again to Bob, Lachlan and Skythrills owner Jeremy for making the start of journey exciting, fun and leaving me feeling that I will achieve my PPL one day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: One taste and I'm hooked.

Your decision to commence your flying training is one you will never regret I'm sure. You have chosen a great school to train with as well. All the best with your future flying and always remember the forum is here to help. So if you have any problems or just need a shoulder to cry on, we are here for you.

Have fun,

Bob

• coffeesnobs
  • Topic Author

coffeesnobs replied the topic: One taste and I'm hooked.

Thanks for the encouragement Bob and thanks for sharing your passion and knowledge with the "newbies".
I'm sure I'll be reading plenty of threads on the site and understanding more of them as time goes by.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds