Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi!

• Thank you received: 0

getluke created the topic: Hi!

I am another enthusiastic student to obtain my controller and operator certificates to be able to fly 'drones'/UAS/UAV/RPA/RPAS commercially! I have a passion for photography, a passion for flying radio controlled helicopters, planes and drones, see an opportunity for a business, and need to complete all requirements to do so. A great industry and really looking forward to being a part of it.

I joined this site to be able to get information from experienced people to assist with my journey to my goal. Its great to see so much great information by others who have completed everything.

I am reading mikeman's guide on the Left Field topic the the UAS section of this forum to assist with what I need to do and in what order.

Looking to complete my Aircraft Radiotelephone Operator Certificate (AROCP) and would like to know how you got your one, if you have one of course!

Currently studying for my PP(A)L exam. I have both the PPL and BAK books of Bob's, starting with the BAK book. Also am except from the BAK exam already from CASA. Study going well so far, exceeding 70% by average on all the little tests at each section.

Anyone's advice or sharing your experience will help me and would be appreciated.

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mister W

Mister W replied the topic: Hi!

Hi Luke,
Welcome aboard! When I use to work in a flying school, we had a few UAV operators come through and get their FROL. This was back in the early days when UAVs started to emerge from models.

As Mikeman said, they had their ARN already. We just conduct training in accordance with CASA's syllabus and they then submitted the paperwork.

You could try asking flying schools in your area if they could train you.

Hope this helps
Cheers,
Mister W.

• Thank you received: 0

getluke replied the topic: Hi!

Thanks Mister,

Will try the Maroochydore Advanced Flight Theory group.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds