Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Plight for Flight

• Streetfox
  • Topic Author

Streetfox created the topic: Plight for Flight

Hi All,

Just been through the hard slog and have been successful in passing the PPL test yesterday. It took me 11 months of start/stop with final concentrated effort over the last 4 weeks. Yet to pass with GFPT, 2 hours to go...

Rod

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Plight for Flight

Hi Rod

Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your PPL pass - well done! All the best with your flying training, I'm sure you will enjoy it. You have a lot to look forward to.

Bob

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Plight for Flight

Congratulations on the theory pass Rod - well done. How did you go with your GFPT? Good news?

Cheers,

Rich

• Streetfox
  • Topic Author

Streetfox replied the topic: Plight for Flight

Hi Rich,

No luck as yet, still need around 30 minutes prior to the pre test. Feeling confident though!

Hi Bob,

Been great so far, wished I started earlier...afraid its a mid-life crisis works in well with the convertible

Regards,

rod.

• Streetfox
  • Topic Author

Streetfox replied the topic: Plight for Flight

Hi All,

Just an update on the progress.

Just passed the GFPT. Pretty happy as this has been a life long dream which until now has been out of my grasp. Today was a pretty big milestone. It wasn't a perfect result, but it was in trying conditions. Importantly I know where I went wrong, and i'm not phased as they all weren't show stoppers.

Next, its PPL. Theory is knocked over, so now just the training. I have had a head start with this as we traveled from Vic to Birdsville recently where I navigated the whole way.. shame I cant include this time into the program and reduce some of the dual I will have to do...it all adds to the experience I guess!

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds