Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Greetings

• finallyflying
  • Topic Author

finallyflying created the topic: Greetings

Hello my name is Shannae, I am a 30 years old female (probably older than most of you), currently I am studying for my BAK exam and will be taking my GFPT exam soon.
I am so excited to be finally flying and working towards my commercial licence after having a lifetime of hearing issues. Not only was I born deaf (regained decent hearing when I was a young adult), around 10 years ago when I first made the decision to start learning how to fly, I was diagnosed with a cyst behind my eardrum. After surgery and having my auditory ossicles reconstructed, I was left with insufficient hearing. I was devastated that my dream to be a pilot was crushed.
I have been very fortunate and thank my lucky stars every day, that my hearing has now improved enough for me to pass a CASA standard hearing test. I know I am starting late in life, but better late than never right! :D

I'm sure you will be seeing a lot of me on here! I need all the help I can get :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Greetings

Shannae,

A very big welcome to you and congratulations on your determination to follow your dream and work towards your CPL. You can be sure we will gladly offer all the help we can to see you progress along the exciting road ahead. Apart from any help you may need, we would also love to be kept informed of your progress. All the very best with your flying.

Bob

• finallyflying
  • Topic Author

finallyflying replied the topic: Re: Greetings

Thanks Bob. I'd be lost without your study guide!

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Greetings

Well well well who do we have here!!

• finallyflying
  • Topic Author

finallyflying replied the topic: Re: Greetings

Hahaha. Funny, I was reading someone's post and recognised you from both your briefing picture and user name! :) You're everywhere :p

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds