Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi Everyone

• edperth
  • Topic Author

edperth created the topic: Hi Everyone

Just to say hello!

I'm Ed from Perth WA. Many years ago I started my CPL in the UK, but time money, urge to see the world etc got in the way.

Now 30 years later I find my self enjoying life in WA and with children no longer at private school I re-found a disposable income and after a gap of many many years I am back flying again.

I have set myself the challenge of obtaining my CPL, I never like leaving things undone.

I look forward to cyber chatting with anyone interested in aviation.

At the moment I fly C-172 from Curtin Flying Club, a Robin HR10 owned by a friend and later perhaps a Piper Sports which the University Flying Club here is looking to buy.

Point of trivia..... my first solo flight in Australia was in a C-182 (VH-PKJ) from Darwin to Gove and on to Groote Eylandt in the NT. I remember it well, a dawn departure in a fantastic winter day in the NT, flying at 10,000 in such smooth air (and no GPS to worry about). My only concerns were,
1. I had never flown that high except in a commercial a/c,
2. Where would you land in the event of an engine problem over the Escarpment and
3. If I had flown this long in a straight line in the UK I wouldn't have still been in the UK!!!!

Happy flying everyone

Cheers

Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re:Hi Everyone

G'day Ed!

Another ex-UK flyer :) Whereabouts did you do your flying?

I used to live in West London and spent many happy hours with the WLAC at White Waltham and the Clacton Aero Club at Clacton. You're right about the mini-distances too. Totally different scale to Australia!

Welcome and look forward to seeing you around here. Good luck with your studies :)

Cheers,

Rich

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Hi Everyone

Hi Ed,

Thanks for posting. It's great to see you have at last got back into flying, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Are you intending to fly commercially or are you doing your CPL for your own private reasons? I remember flying with a Swiss pilot a few years ago and we flew from Brisbane to Cairns in a !82. He was most impressed that you could fly for 5 hours in one direction and not even leave the state!

Bob

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds