Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Good Afternoon All!

• Aviatordan
  • Topic Author

Aviatordan created the topic: Good Afternoon All!

I just realised that I've been using this forum without actually introducing myself. How rude of me :ohmy:

Anyway, my name is Daniel and I call the Central Coast of NSW home. I'm now 20 and have been flying since I was 15. I have wanted to be a pilot since before I can remember!

I currently have my PPL and am working through the subjects in order to get my CPL. So far I've done HPL, FRAW and AGK (so if anyone has any questions on those subjects I'll be more than happy to have a crack at answering them) and am now working on MET.

I find myself in love with everything to do with aviation (which sometimes gets on my girlfriends nerves as she may be talking and I'll see an aircraft on TV and my attention will be diverted like a moth to a light). It's something I can't help, though, I can't help but be interested when it comes to aviation!

I am using (obviously) the BT books for my studies and thus far have found them to be an invaluable asset.

Thank you to all those who have helped me with questions I have had thus far, and I am sure there will be more!

As for now, if you have anything you want to ask, don't be shy =].

Nice to meet you all!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Good Afternoon All!

Gidday Dan,

Good to see that you've finally chosen to reveal yourself! Strange this flying bug insn't it. No one in my family flew and no one in my family's circle of friends flew - but I always knew as a little kid that I would fly one day. That was long long ago I might add.

As for the sheilas, looks like you picked one that does understand. Look after her mate - someone's got to hold your maps!!

Keep having fun. Have a great Christmas too.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Good Afternoon All!

Hi Dan,

We've been chatting on another thread already but it's great to get your story too. Welcome aboard. Not long and you'll have your CPL done and dusted mate. With Met out of the way you're on the downhill run ;)

Cheers,

Rich

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Your Passion

Hi Dan, and welcome. I fully understand your passion and who knows, one day your girlfriend may too. Unfortunately (or fortunately) this 'addiction' is for life. I am now 59 and have been flying for over 40 years - just completed all my CPL exams with Bob's help.

Al I can say is I still love this passtime as much (or more) as the day I first took off in a Glider all those years ago at the Adelaide Soaring Club.

Enjoy and stay safe.... :cheer:

• Aviatordan
  • Topic Author

Aviatordan replied the topic: Re: Good Afternoon All!

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

It is a passion that I plan on keeping for life.

Although, right now I'm just keen to get these exams done. I swear, MET is doing my head in. I mean, I find it interesting, but some of the concepts are just a little hard to get my head around. Strangely enough I found it easier to get my head around the AGK and TEM stuff...

Ohwell, I'll have the exam done on the 20th and then like Rich said, it's all down hill from there. Well, somewhat downhill, I've still got aerody, NAV and performance to go.

No one in my family (well, immediate family) are pilots either. I think I caught the bug on the first plane trip I ever took back when I was a youngin. Ever since then it's just stuck around!

It's good to hear that everyone's continued flying for such a big chunk of their lives! Stay safe and having fun! =]

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds