Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

hey

• shah
  • Topic Author

shah created the topic: hey

Hello everyone, My name is SHAH and I'm from BANGLADESH (hope at least one of you heard the name of my country ;) ). I have been living in sydney for last 4 years. I have started my aviation life with Cessna 150 at 01.09.2004in Bangladesh but then the flying academy I was in (the only flying club in my country) was off for almost 1 and half year :( . So, I got my PPL a bit (?) late then normal at 27.12.2006 from Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB) :) and started my journey towards CPL. In a very short time I managed to pass 3 subjects of my CPL with good numbers of flying hour with C-150 and PA-38. Then from 05.05.2007 flying club was off again (don't know the reason) and I was stuck there with my log book carrying 122 of total hours which includes 78 hours as In Charge. Then I flew here in sydney at 12.09.2007 and never got the chance to fly again (for various reason). After 4 years now I'm thinking to go back to flying... in that blue sky...to finish my CPL...to fullfill my dream. So, started my research :P and bought BAK and PPL books of BOB TAIT and finally here I'm in the forum. :) But I'm clueless where should I start from? what should I do first?

By the way English is not my first language. So I hope you will correct me if I made any mistake. Cheers.

Shah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: hey

Hi,

Wow 78 hours of 122 as Pilot In Command is pretty good going! Well definitely have a look at getting the CPL study guides of Bob's and take it from there. I don't know which one you'd want to knock off first but I started with Aerodynamics.

Cheers,

Mike

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: hey

Hello Shah.

Welcome to the forums, it's great to have you with us. I'm not sure from your post whether you have an Australian PPL or a Bangladesh PPL. If you have an Australian PPL there is nothing to stop you from starting your CPL studies at any point that suits you. If you have an overseas PPL, you would have to firstly get an Australian PPL by sitting for the Australian PAOS exam. In that case, you would need to visit a flying school and discuss your options with a CFI.

Once again, welcome and good luck with your flying.

• shah
  • Topic Author

shah replied the topic: Re: hey

Thanks Mike, I wish I could do that the way you say but in my case its not that easy. :(

Hello Bob, thanks for your advice. I have a Bangladeshi PPL. So I guess I have sit for PAOS exam. I baught your BAK and PPL books to get myself on the line. Is there any other source that I can use to get knowledge for PAOS exam?

Cheers

Shah

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: hey

Just make sure that you are very familiar with the Air Law sections in both BAK and PPL.

Good luck and don't be afraid to post any questions you may have..

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: hey

Ah yes of course the old PAOS.. Surprising how many people come into the club needing to do one.. Good luck!

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds