Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

G'day from the West!

• mikka
  • Topic Author

mikka created the topic: G'day from the West!

Hello everyone! It's great to be here, looks like a great board with alot of information and alot of very passionate aviators. I first stumbled accross this website when I was looking for some clarification on some material in one of my trusty Bob Tait theory books, so now I have decided to introduce myself! Well, here goes...

Currently living in WA due to work commitments (Navy) but I am a proud Queenslander and spent my teenage years in Caboolture (unfortunately, haha). Family over there now lives at Redcliffe so I am hoping to make some friends on here that I can come and say G'day to when I'm back home on my holidays. I have always wanted to fly ever since I went with a family friend from YRED on a NVFR flight when I was about 10. For some reason VH-DCD comes to mind as the a/c we went in, maybe someone knows of it? From my research it shows up as only being registered this year. Or maybe it was CDC a PA-24? I remember we went into the building on the left hand side as you drive down Nathan road approaching the airfield.

Well 13 years on I have finally got the time and money to undertake my PPL training, I started in late 2009 at YPJT and have finally passed my GFPT after being away for most of 2010 and only flying 9hrs for the year! Moved up to the C172 last week and I am looking foward to my Nav training! Hoping to have my PPL before I head back to Brisbane at Christmas time and hopefully, if I can manage it, get a few flights in aswell.

Look foward to talking to you all and learning as much as I can.

Cheers,
Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: G'day from the West!

Gday mikka,

Great to see you here and on the path to your freedom license! Nothing like getting out of that training area let me tell you! I'm from Perth too and currently working at Jandakot, who do you do your training with?

I'm sure you won't have too much of an issue getting your nav's all in by Christmas, then you get to show off to all your family and friends =)

So, if you have ANY questions, then ask away. I did! And I'm glad I did too, so don't be shy, Bob and Richard are great at clearing up those muddy questions.

Enjoy!

Mike

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Re: G'day from the West!

Gidday Michael

Great to have you on board mate. All the best with your flying, I'm sure you'll make PPL Christmas. We look forward to meeting you when you come over here to Redcliffe - we're not hard to find so drop in for a coffee and a chat. VH-DCD or CDC doesn't ring a bell with me, but we have only been here in Redcliffe for four years. I'll ask around and see if anyone remembers.

Blue skies and soft landings always,

Bob

• mikka
  • Topic Author

mikka replied the topic: Re: G'day from the West!

Hey Mike! Yeah mate I'm so keen to get out of the training area, I have been looking at the VNC already and everything looks so far away and exciting! I am training at Air Australia in VH-IGY and I think VH-BEZ aswell.

Thanks for the welcome Bob, I will be sure to drop in for a chat next time I am over at the lovely East coast.

Cheers,
Michael

• brook

brook replied the topic: Re: G'day from the West!

Hi Michael,

Wow so NVFR does it for you too! I love flying up the coast on a moonlight night (east coast) in the 5 knot winds, or getting blow sideslip (down the west coast) with the 40 knot winds, its all the same to me.

It's just magic, and I pray the extra fuel I added to the ACFT makes up for the Western Power (sorry Synergy outage) at the non generator backed up Pilot activated runway lighting not turning on ;-)

Hope you really enjoy the journey.

Now don't be getting shot down over Garden Island as you impress the lads, last I heard they were quite protective of the Submarine Escape Training Facility over there, but I have to chuckle when I see the whole thing on Google maps.

So another banana bender in the wild west, I love the place (QLD), just still coming to terms with a scare after drinking XXXX some years ago...

Go get the PPL!

Brook

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds