Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello fellow pilots

• Andrew
  • Topic Author

Andrew created the topic: Hello fellow pilots

G'day everyone,

Im 25yo and after getting a degree in Town Planning i decided that i would rather be in the air and have the cockpit as my office.

As of this moment i am extremely close to my PPL with just a final solo nav to go if the weather in Tassie would agree!!!. I have started self studying the CPL with the ever trusty Bob Tait text books which are worth their weight in gold!

I look forward to working my way through the texts and have started with HP&L then planning to tackle Aero.

Cheers

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Hello fellow pilots

Hi Andrew

Welcome to the forums. It's quite a jump from town planning to flight planning! Good luck with your last nav and with the Tassie weather. Hope to hear more from you as you slog your way through the CPL subjects. Remember we're here to help if you need it.

Bob

• Andrew
  • Topic Author

Andrew replied the topic: Re: Hello fellow pilots

Hi Bob

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am sure I'll have a question or three as i progress!

Andrew

• Bungee

Bungee replied the topic: Re: Hello fellow pilots

Hi Andrew.
One of my must do flights is to Tassie, something about crossing the strait that appeals to me!
Good luck with your final PPL flight...

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Bairsndale

Gday Andrew, if you decide to come across 'the pond' and if you want to land somewhere without landing fees - and be able to get fuel etc; think about YBNS.

If your final nav is after 8 August (we are away until then), let me know and we'll meet you at the airport and show you around Bairnsdale and Paynesville before you head back.

I have flown across a couple of times and it is fun - but lots of deep blue water.... :)

Make sure you have your emergency gear and that you have a full brief on all the procedures - you won't need them but just in case.

• Andrew
  • Topic Author

Andrew replied the topic: Re: Bairsndale

Hi Brenton,

Thanks for the message and the offer to see the sights. I think i will be stuck buzzing round the island for my final nav, but i am planning to do a nav across the strait before the end of the year so i will certainly keep Bairnsdale in mind.

Cheers

AndrewB)

• brook

brook replied the topic: Re: Hello fellow pilots

Hi Andrew,

Glad to see you can now take your own Cadastral maps! Town Planning from the air! Rock on!

Well Tassie is beautiful. I love that little strip down at Akaroa / St Helens. If you are over in Perth come up for a spin.

Make sure you put enough fuel for the headwinds on Bass Straight :-) and watch out for that advection fog!

Good to have you aboard! I take a dump in a forum for time to time (oh that didn't come out right) so be careful where you tread and occasionally I may be able to answer questions such why Bob and Richard don't use staples in their manuals.

Onya mate!

Brook

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds