Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Mid Life Crisis

• sdowd
  • Topic Author

sdowd replied the topic: Re: Mid Life Crisis

Thanks Richard,

Well done on the Nav exam. How did you find it?

Regards

Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rhazeltine

Rhazeltine replied the topic: Re: Mid Life Crisis

Yeah having done Irex pretty easy. A couple of traps but if you read the book and do the examples, no probs.

Cheers

• brook

brook replied the topic: Re: Mid Life Crisis

Way to go Scott,

Us oldies have to stick together. I started having a midlife crisis when I left high school, and I've been having them ever since, so I can relate.

When you mentioned the wife grabbing me by my ears and yelling 'for christ sake stop talking about it and just do it!' was she really talking about flying, you know you could have got the wrong end of the stick?

Bob's courses are great, and a really enjoyable learning path. Catching the train into town is a great way to study some more depending on what city you are in.

I do it instead of driving just to get the extra hours in. People look at you wierd like you're a freak or something when you pull a E6B flight computer out on a train, with a look like "put that thing away man - it looks dangerous" but alas its all entertaining as you try to recall whether the density altitude applies to your head or the aircraft.

I'm doing my CPL too now, 3 down, 4 to go (cant wait to tip the scales with Nav). Just keep chipping away at it. I have my moments, and then get hammering again, trying to balance business with family, with flying and what a balancing act it all is.

Just make sure you take the couple of weekends off before the exam and hammer when you are ready.

Good luck, and Grob speed :-)

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Mid Life Crisis

Hahah.. Grob speed :D

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds