Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

G'day All

• jerrajerra
  • Topic Author

jerrajerra created the topic: G'day All

Heya, just recently commenced flight training over here in Port Hedland WA (originally from Melbourne). Have just brushed 8 hours under my wings with many more to come. At the moment I'm just interested in taking to PPL stage with perhaps NightVFR though I think IFR will be on the cards. Very much looking forward to finally getting to carry out some XC but that will happen later on. Intentions are to receive my PPL by end of year. I ended up purchasing a few of Bob Tait's training / educational manuals after having struggled with another supplier. Should have bought Bob Tait in the first instance, but I am using the other as cross reference.Can't ever get too much education when it comes to learning to fly.
Cheers, Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: G'day All

Chris

Great to have you on board and to hear about your plans! I'm sure you will never regret your decision to start your flying training and who knows where it may take you. I certainly hope you will find the books helpful and I think you are wise to broaden your study with other publications. Just remember that our forum is always available for people like you, so don't hesitate to jump on line whenever you find your little head spinning. Even if you don't have lots of questions, just keep is informed of your porgress.

Blue skies and soft landings always....

Bob

• brook

brook replied the topic: Re: G'day All

Onya Chris,

Port Hedland will teach you some great stick and rudder up there, those arvo flights are sure a handful! Oh well at least icing shouldn't be a problem for you up there ;-) unlike Melbourne (I live there 4 years as well). Now I'm down below in Perth.

Spot on about Bobs Texts, why one would want to make life any harder than it has to be I am not sure. I can see Bobs experience as a teacher coming in to play many times when he explains a subject. I can tell he likes science too which is great.

How have the last 3 months gone for you?

Brook

• jerrajerra
  • Topic Author

jerrajerra replied the topic: Re: G'day All

Hi, thanks. Yep it sure does get a tad windy in the afternoons. X-wind training is the usual affair. Unfortunately I've put my flying on hold due unforseen circumstances, but may start up again mid next year. Hoping to be over in Qld at that stage and may even do training full time, and seriously considering CPL. With many months ahead Ive started to get back into the theory components so maybe that will make it easier to spend more time in the air applying what I've learnt on the ground :)

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds