Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Alreet!

• Pomie Paul
  • Topic Author

Pomie Paul created the topic: Alreet!

Hi Guys and Gals (Bruce and Sheila)

My name is Paul and I am from the UK, the lovely Northern part just outside of Manchester. I am currently living down on the Gold Coast lapping up the sun and loving the novelty of living by the beach. I am hoping to become a permanent resident of you glorious country and start my well over due flight training.

Having a passion for aviation instilled as a child I have (no doubt like everyone here) always dreamt of gaining my wings and flying for a living. I almost went into the RAF after leaving school and even successfully went through the screening for cadets on the CTC programme back in the UK. I didnt pursue that path due to the GFC that was about to hit. After travelling to Canada I now have decided I am going to pick up the torch and concentrate on gaining my PPL and upwards from there.

I have come across the Bob Tait school while doing my research into flight and theory schools around the Brisbane/GC area and after reading the stories, literature and forums on the site, decided this seems to be the best resource available to anyone in my situation.

Essentially I have zero hours and only a basic understanding of the training programme so I am currently doing my research into schools, theory, books and training so that when I do begin I am in the best possible place I can be.

So thats a quick intro about me, I do have a tendancy to waffle on a bit! I look forward to chatting to you all on here, and love reading everyones input. It's fantastic to see such a close knit community. Hopefully I can call up to the school sometime for a bru (Tea!) and some formal introductions.

Thanks, Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Alreet!

Hi Paul ! Welcome aboard :)

We're always glad to see new faces around here and we look forward to seeing you around the forums or even for real over a cuppa cha. Just let us know how you're getting on and if any of us can help at all.

Get ready for a great adventure mate. Flying is definitely one of the best things you can do with your clothes on !

Cheers,

Rich

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Alreet!

Gidday mate!

Everybody's welcome here - especially ex-poms. Great to hear that you're about to take the first steps on an exciting journey. Check out all of your options and remember that we will always be here if you need help [or a shoulder to cry on]. It would be great if you ever get the chance to drop in to Redcliffe to grab a cupper and have a chat. We'd love to see you.

Bob

• Pomie Paul
  • Topic Author

Pomie Paul replied the topic: Re: Alreet!

Hi guys,

I have heard so many great things and simply cant wait to call up Redcliffe. I think its inevitable at some point I will call by the school to meet everyone, make some progress with my theory and say hi to some fellow students!

Thanks for the replies,

Paul

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Welcome to Aus

Hello paul. Welcome to our great country. Especially great for flying and as you get around you'll find, as we do, there are some wonderful people who will take time to help you and welcome you into their towns/communities. We (my wife and I) are both retired now and spend a lot of time travelling and we are always amazed at how the aviation community will go the 'extra mile' to help someone who is new to their area. You now have a gerat opportunity to put your passion into practice and I am sure that you will enjoy the hard (but rewarding) study and flight time.

At the end of the day we are privildeged to be able to enjoy this wonderful passtime.

Enjoy and stay safe.

regards, Brenton

• brook

brook replied the topic: Re: Alreet!

G'day Paul,

Welcome to Oz mate, and you are so bang on when it comes to Bob's course, its the best up to CPL level, and it keeps you awake too, which is even better as you learn much faster when you are awake.

Well I will try to outwaffle where I can, I know that the Wings Academy and Air Gold Coast are not too far away on the Gold Coast, and there there is Andrew Trease at Aussie Air in Ballina and Bill Keirnan at Lismore, depending on what you want to learn and if you want to learn to fly outside of controlled airspace initially, the latter two are outside of controlled airspace.

Good luck with it all!

Brook

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds