Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello Everyone :)

• Naythan91
  • Topic Author

Naythan91 replied the topic: Re: Hello Everyone :)

Good job on getting back into the flying. Have you done all your study privately?.
I'm sure you can.

Thanks alot :) did you ever plan on becoming a commerical pilot earlier or purely for recreational purposes?

That's great sounds like an offer i cannot refuse :):cheer:

Okay that would be really nice. I see how do you find IR enjoying it?

It is a long road and from what i hear it's worth it

Thanks for replying to my post and good luck with your CPL :D

Naythan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mickyd86

Mickyd86 replied the topic: Re: Hello Everyone :)

G'day Brenton,
How are you?

Just read your story and noticed you are from B'dale!... I am residing there atm. Fly out of Sale, but am always flying the Beechcraft back to YBNS for a couple of days. Im also self studying for my CLP with one subject remaining, and am now up to the hour building stage of my flying training.

Are you in the flying club?

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Your questions

G'day again Naythan.
I'll answer your questions in order:

Yes I have done all my study privately but I had good support from the Rossair flying instructors as I was doing my PPL. Right now I have a couple very experienced senior pilots with whom I can discuss the studies I am doing at present.

I did consider commercial flying but took other career options and have had a great life - I look back now and think "Maybe I should have" - but the fact is I didn't so that is why I am now doing CPL just for the fun of it. I have a passion for flying and these studies help me to enjoy the flying even more.

As far as IR - yes it is a great feeling wehn you can fly an NDB approach and actually see the runway where it should be as you approach minimums. Fun is not how I'd describe it just yet - a lot of concentration and a bit of stress. But as they say if it was easy anyone could do it.

Look forward to meeting you one day either TYB or BNS.

A long road yes - but a great road to your future if you stay focussed.

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Contact Details

Hi Mick.

We live in Paynesville and I was the VP of the local aero club last year. I am studying all CPL subjects this year so I can start doing some charter work. I am now retired and flying for the fun of it. We should try and go for a fly at some stage. Give me a call and we can arrange something. 0404 497 174 or 5156 1242.

Cheers.

• brook

brook replied the topic: Re: Hello Everyone :)

G'day and Good Luck Naythan!

Don't let the maths and physics thing stand in the way. If you really get stuck WA Aviation College have some shorter courses in Maths and Physics which you can do which are a lot more "with it" than many TAFE's are offering.

Victoria - wow what a great place to have an instrument rating ;-)

Hope you fly though this, I'm just preping for the meteorology exam. I flew my aircraft home from its annual last week with a friend who dropped me off in a foxbat to pick me up.

It was magic as we landed, the sun was on the horizon, his strobes were on and I came in and landed behind, it was magic, I wish I had a gopro camera in the aircraft to film it all.

Wishing you all the best - have lots of fun!

Brook

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds