Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Compulsory reporting points

• james.niven
  • Topic Author

james.niven created the topic: Compulsory reporting points

Just finished a cyberexam, one of the questions I got wrong involved a flight along Z56 from Windorah to Charleville via Quilpie and asked where position reports were required. According to my ERC4 (03JUN) Windorah and Charleville are compulsory reporting points and Quilpe is a turning point. None of the answers were just Windorah and Charleville, think the options were- at all 3, no position reports required, Quilpe and Windorah, Quilpe and Charleville.

Went for all 3 in the end, can't remember if an altitude was specified. Any clues as to where I went wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Compulsory reporting points

James

It is true that Windorah and Charleville have the reporting point symbol. However in this particular trip, Windorah is your departure aerodrome. You would make a departure call on leaving Windorah - that is not a position report. Also you would make an arrival call on arrival at Charleville - that is not a position report. This trip requires no position reports at all.

Good luck with your study.

Bob

• james.niven
  • Topic Author

james.niven replied the topic: Re: Compulsory reporting points

Ah, another RTFQ mistake :pinch:

Just over a week to go till the real thing, got 2 more goes at the practice exams to stop making schoolboy errors :dry:

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds