Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Page 324 CIR REVISION QUESTIONS - SET TWO (Q1)

• Thank you received: 0

lcanning created the topic: Page 324 CIR REVISION QUESTIONS - SET TWO (Q1)

Hi Team.

Hope you are all well.

Just got a quick question here about question 1 on page 324 in the 2nd set of CIR revision questions talking about the LSALT from Devonport to Flinders Island.

In the question I am asked what the LSALT is from Devonport to Flinders Island if my GNSS were to fail, how low can I go. Looking at ERC 1 the routes LSALT is 3100 however the Grid is 3200. My answer was 3100 but 3200 is the correct answer apparently due to 3100 as a LSALT only being available for RNP 2 approaches which I do not understand at all. Does this mean that all LSALT on routes are from RNP 2 Operations only.

Please help team.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 266

bobtait replied the topic: Page 324 CIR REVISION QUESTIONS - SET TWO (Q1)

You will find this caution note in the legend of the VTC chart
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0

lcanning replied the topic: Page 324 CIR REVISION QUESTIONS - SET TWO (Q1)

Amazing thanks bob.

I see that here.

Just to double confirm. All Lowers safes on the map are valid for RNP 2 operations only ?

Thank you

• Thank you received: 266

bobtait replied the topic: Page 324 CIR REVISION QUESTIONS - SET TWO (Q1)

Yes. If you are not RNP2 you should establish LSALT by reference to Grid LSALT, or by establishing your own LSALT by creating tolerance areas on a WAC according to the AIP. I don't think that will be a really popular option!

By the way, you may have noticed that the RNP2 LSALT tolerance area is based on the 'sausage' 5nm either side parallel to track with a 5nm semi circle at each end. Yet many routes on the VTC have different LSALTs in each direction. I'm still trying to understand how that can be possible!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lcanning

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds