Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

IREX Permitted materials

• Thank you received: 0

oznickaviation created the topic: IREX Permitted materials

Hi all, I attained my CPL 3 years ago now and have been out of the loop ever since with rules and studying and have stopped flying for more than a year. I need advice on getting started with the IREX content as I would like to start my MEIR to then start looking for a pilot job.

Currently working full time, and assessing whether I self study or do a ground school.
Anyway, my main question is regarding the “permitted materials”.
It says on the CASA website we can bring CAR 1988, Part 61, 91 and 135 CASR in terms of law documents. However in the Bob trait extracts I can see the only documents included are Part 61 CASR and MOS Part 91 and 135. My question is are the Bob Tait extracts all I need for the exam or do I also need to get the CAR 1988 and Part 91&135?

When I did my CPL I remember bringing only the extracts, and that included everything needed for the exams, I wonder if it’s the case for IREX also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140

Stuart Tait replied the topic: IREX Permitted materials

Yes the extracts are all that are needed for the CASR's, The CAR's are also required, but to what extent it's uncertain thus we don't include them.

• Thank you received: 0

oznickaviation replied the topic: IREX Permitted materials

Ok, so in other words I should also buy the full CAR 1988 for the studying and for the exam

• Thank you received: 140

Stuart Tait replied the topic: IREX Permitted materials

Or download and print them whatever is cheaper

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds