Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed the irex

• Thank you received: 0

French created the topic: Passed the irex

I passed the IREX last week, only just, but a pass is a pass.

There were a few questions exactly like questions in Bob's IREX book and some tougher ones to do with alternates, with a bunch of wording, that was trying to confuse. Some with TAF's for both destination and alternate. One which just asked for the fuel required to the alternate, it gave the time to the alternate, but I think it was asking for the cruise and reserve fuel too, so read carefully.

There were a bunch of easier questions and some useless questions, eg when are you considered established on a ILS.

Thanks to Bob and Stewart for their help on the forum, while I studied.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Passed the irex

If a question asks for the fuel required it should be remembered that the reserves and allowances are required. That is quite a different thing to trip fuel required. The trip fuel considers only the time interval for the flight and the fuel flow during cruise (you are usually told to ignore climb and descent). So trip fuel does not include reserves or allowances. Note also that when you calculate the fuel required to the alternate, an air transport flight does not require contingency fuel for the leg to the alternate. See the definition of destination alternate fuel in Part 135 MOS Chapter 7 para 7.02. No mention is made of contingency fuel.

Bob

• Thank you received: 0

French replied the topic: Passed the irex

Awesome! Thanks Bob

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds