Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Keen to get this question about RNP tolerances answered

• Thank you received: 1

BushPilot8 created the topic: Keen to get this question about RNP tolerances answered

G'day,

I"m about to do my Instrument Rating, and after looking through the MoS on page 690 of Schedule 8, it specifies the 2D approach Lateral Path Tracking Tolerance to be within the RNP value specified for the published minimum altitude.

May someone please explain what that is referring to? I'm confused as the sentence above mentions half scale deflection to be the tolerance, however the one mentioned above sounds like providing you are within full scale deflection (i.e. within 1 mile during terminal mode and 0.3 miles during approach mode) then you are within tolerances.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Picture attached
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Keen to get this question about RNP tolerances answered

For any segment of an RNAV/GNSS approach there are two tolerances to consider.

For example, on the final approach segment of an RNAV/GNSS procedure the two tolerances are-

(1) The horizontal integrity limit (HIL) which is 1nm (full scale defection) for the final approach segment of an RNAV/GNSS procedure
and
(2) The tracking tolerance applied by AIP ENR 1.1 para 4.6.2.

If the aircraft deviates beyond the HIL on the final approach segment, a RAIM warning will be triggered and a missed approach should be initiated.

Within half scale deflection of the CDI, the procedure may be continued. Between half scale and full scale deflection, immediate action must be taken to re-establish a track withing half scale defection,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds