Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

NDB Approach Reversal Procedure Question in Practice Exam might be wrong?

• Timash
  • Topic Author

Timash created the topic: NDB Approach Reversal Procedure Question in Practice Exam might be wrong?

Hi,

I believe the answer to this question may be incorrect:

QUESTION: You are tracking into the Kununurra (1544615S 1284227E) RWY 12 NDB approach on a heading of 340°M. You decide to divert from the present track at 25 nm out and fly directly into the outbound leg of the approach procedure. The inbound track which would require the least diversion from your present track to permit the approach to commence without the need for a sector entry is-
Select one:
138 degrees M
178 degrees M
208 degrees M
358 degrees M Incorrect

ANSWER: "The outbound leg of the approach is 208°M.
AIP ENR 1.5 para 2.8.3 says that if you are within 30° of the outbound track you can go directly into the procedure without entering the holding pattern. You are approaching on an inbound track of 138°M, so when you cross the 178°M track you will be within 30° of 208°M and you can then go straight into the approach without doing a sector entry.
The correct answer is: 178 degrees M"

As you can see above the answer states the outbound leg is "208°M" I believe this is a typo or a mistake because the updated DAPS states it is 028°M (Please refer to DAPS or my attachments) which means the bearing of 358°M should be the correct answer (within the 30° rule) and NOT 178°M.

The only reason I am making a big deal out of this one is because it was the only question I got wrong on one of my practice exams, I was so mad haha! Please refer to my attachments for screenshots of all the information.

Cheers!!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: NDB Approach Reversal Procedure Question in Practice Exam might be wrong?

Thanks for your feed-back. There is indeed a typo in the question text. 208 should have been 028 (the reciprocal track). The correct answer should be 358°M.

Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds