Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed IREX - Thanks Bob

• RBach
  • Topic Author

RBach created the topic: Passed IREX - Thanks Bob

Passed IREX on my first attempt (just!) so wanted to give a big thanks to Bob and the team and some advice to others still to sit the exam.

I used Bobs book for some light pre-study and then attended the two week course at Redclift. Every thing you need is covered in the book, and the course really helps to get everything clear in your mind and it is such a help to meet fellow students.
As for the exam itself, whilst I can't say it was easy ( I used the full 3.5 hours) it is really about two things, for me at least. First how deeply you understand the concepts and secondly how familiar you are finding the information in the books (AIP, DAPS, CASR ect.)

So if you still get at all confused about HAT trick or OPR or suchlike then you need to do more practise questions - the CASA questions can be long winded and wordy so if you can't unpack and distil them down to the fundamentals of what they are after then you are going to get overwhelmed and confused. ACVWPLS is a great help in being methodical (and if you don't know ACVWPLS then, as I said, go deeper into the book!)
As for looking up information in the books and charts, again get lots of practice at this with timed questions (Use bobs questions the are much closer to the real thing than those from other sources). Use the highlight pen and tabs as allowed and make sure you are familiar with using the indexes and know where to find the definitions and acronyms, the AIP is designed to be used to help pilots find information so don't neglect to read the front of the book that shows you how to do that. Looking stuff up is a key skill you need to pass, get quick and accurate at doing it. I used white correction fluid to cover the references in the questions

Good luck to everyone especially, those I met on the course at the end of 2022, thanks to Bob for the best instruction available and remember practice, practice, practice, practice........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds