Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

calculating lsalt

• Thank you received: 0

Marko created the topic: calculating lsalt

hi bob,in calculating the destination radius in which it intersects the 50nm parellel lines + the 5mn buffer the book and video lectures gives this radius as the rated range of the aid.All i can find in aip gen 3.3 4.6 is 50 mn radius centred on the destiation.Is there another referance tucked away somewhere?also the front of the book gives a list of permitted materials,but casa web site allows the PCA and part 61 casr.cheers mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Marko replied the topic: calculating lsalt

Okay after a night sleep and a reread of the Aip I see where I went wrong I was assuming that the semicircle of 50 nautical miles was in front of the destination airfield but in actual case it is behind it

• Thank you received: 15

Bosi72 replied the topic: calculating lsalt

I didn't understand your question, but you can bring AIP to exam and use it as a reference. Actually AIP will be your key book as large amount of questions will be from AIP, some from Bob Tait Irex Extract and some from ERSA.
But glad that you have answered your question.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds