Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

AERODROME LIGHTING

• Don
  • Topic Author

Don created the topic: AERODROME LIGHTING

Hi!
Just want to clarify a couple of areas in Aerodrome Lighting.
(01) If an aerodrome with PAL operated, does that mean that aerodrome is ELECTRIC? ex : Glen Innes (YGLI)
(02) According to the Bob taits lighting flow chart, you don't need an alternate for an aerodrome with standby power with no PAL , BUT what IF power fails/switch fails?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Don
  • Topic Author

Don replied the topic: AERODROME LIGHTING

Can anyone help me on this as I am having my IREX exam in 2 days.

Thank you!

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: AERODROME LIGHTING

If the aerodrome lighting is PAL operated it is still an electric system. PAL only refers to the switching mechanism.

If the aerodrome has stand-by lighting, that accounts for a power failure because the stand-by lighting system cuts in automatically if the normal power supply fails. If the system is not PAL operated, you would of course have to arrange for someone to turn the lights on, but there would be not need for them to be present for your arrival. Some systems (not many) have a light-sensitive switch that turns on the lights automatically whenever it gets dark.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds