Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

FUEL TO HOLD

• Don
  • Topic Author

Don created the topic: FUEL TO HOLD

Hi!
Can you please let me know the way my calculation is correct or am I something missing in here.

Q: You are on an IFR Charter flight carrying passengers. You arrived overhead Port Lincoin, SA at 0311UTC with 110 min fuel on board.
Your alternate is 50 min away. You enter the holding pattern due to fog. The latest divert time is:
A) 0318 UTC
B) 0315 UTC
C) 0411 UTC
D) 0326 UTC
What I did in here, add fixed reserve + time to alternate (45+50 = 95 min) and deduct from the fuel available (110min - 95min = 15min)
So, I have 15 min available to hold.
If I add-up 15 min to arrived time at the Port Lincoin which is 0326 UTC. Latest divert time?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: FUEL TO HOLD

This is not one of our questions. I can't see anything wrong with your thinking. It's quite legal to recalculate the fuel on board after your arrival. That's 110 mins.

You don't need to apply the variable reserve to the alternate fuel, but you do need to have the fixed reserve on arrival over the alternate. There would be not taxi fuel of course.

Perhaps the question was written in the days when you did need to carry the variable reserve for alternate fuel.

The question says "You enter the holding pattern due to fog". That complicates things. How long have you been in the holding pattern? I wouldn't get too depressed about this one.

• Don
  • Topic Author

Don replied the topic: FUEL TO HOLD

Many thankx Bob!

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds