Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

AIP (SUP)/AIP tagging

• karlgiddings
  • Topic Author

karlgiddings created the topic: AIP (SUP)/AIP tagging

Apologies for a real beginner's questions... QUESTION 1: IREX book says amongst others I need the AIP book including SUP. The website I ordered my AIPs from (as part of the AIP description) says, "Please visit the Airservices Australia Aeronautical Information Package website for the Aeronautical Information Circulars (AIC) and AIP Supplements (SUP) Summary.
www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/aip.asp" But when I go there, there are only online versions, no hardcopies I can take to the exam. Is it still possible to buy hardcopies of the SUPs anywhere? If not, what does that mean for the exams?

QUESTION 2: (Part a) Back in the day, I would see people with their AIPs with many, many tags in them, but am I reading this right that we are now only allowed a max of 15 tags in the AIP for the IREX exam. www.casa.gov.au/licences-and-certificati...terial-under-part-61
"Marking and tagging of permitted documents
Underlining and highlighting are permissible provided these do not include any form of notations. With effect from 10 April 2017, where specific publications are permitted in exam session, the maximum number of tags per respective publication shall be as follows:

(i) CAR (1988), (ii) CASR (1998), (iii) CASR Part 61 and (iv) CASR Part 137 – no tag permitted
CAO – no tag permitted
AIP Book (or its Jeppesen equivalent) – maximum 15 (fifteen) tags"

(Part b) ...if only 15 tags really are permitted, where does that leave us with dividers - are they classed as tags? Eg. www.aipshop.canprint.com.au/documents_de...aspx?publication=190 ...and if these are classed as tags, where does that leave us with the 5 dividers that come with the AIPs - Do they count as 5 of your 15 tags?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: AIP (SUP)/AIP tagging

G'day Karl

The SUP's aren't necessary for the exam you can happily ignore them, dividers do not count as tags and yes 15 is the maximum you can use. We have a extract for the CAR CAO CASR that covers all you need for the exam and is approved to take into the exam, you can find it here www.bobtait.com.au/extracts

I'll link in a couple of threads that might fill in any other questions you might have.

www.bobtait.com.au/forum/instrument-rati...296-thanks-irex-tips

www.bobtait.com.au/forum/instrument-rati...udy-and-pifr-vs-irex

Cheers

• karlgiddings
  • Topic Author

karlgiddings replied the topic: AIP (SUP)/AIP tagging

Thanks Stuart for the prompt and super helpful reply - all of that information will really assist. I assume I am free to bind the extracts any way I choose - eg. Punch holed and in binders, or stapled etc. etc.

Again, a big thanks!

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: AIP (SUP)/AIP tagging

Yes as long as you follow the guidance in the permitted materials page, it's basically no loose sheets

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds