Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Revision Questions - Set 10

• nick101
  • Topic Author

nick101 created the topic: Revision Questions - Set 10

Hey Guys,

Quick one regarding question 10 in set 10 re minimum fuel required at take off from East Sale without a TAF.

I understand the requirement for 60 mins in order to return to the departure aerodrome if we can't obtain a TAF within 30 mins from departure (AIP ENR 1.10 1.2.2); however, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to depart with only 60 mins + reserves. What if I obtain the TAF and find I don't actually have the required fuel onboard to make it to my destination? Defeats the whole purpose.

My thinking would be flight fuel + reserves + 60 (assuming nil wind)

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Carello

Carello replied the topic: Revision Questions - Set 10

What if I obtain the TAF and find I don't actually have the required fuel onboard to make it to my destination?

Without the context of the full question, you have one option - return to the departure aerodrome.

If you had to depart without a forecast, you would do your best to depart with additional fuel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds