Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

New IREX book any different to the previous one?

• Redman
  • Topic Author

Redman created the topic: New IREX book any different to the previous one?

Hi there,

I was hope to find out whether the New IREX book is majorly different from the previous one.
I was hoping to use it for IREX but I saw there is a new one but I have the old one so I’m not sure if that will suffice or not.

Please let me know what’s new in it?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: New IREX book any different to the previous one?

There are always small changes in IREX. Often they are changes in the approach plates referred to. For example, an MDA for a particular aerodrome may change from 630ft to 620ft, or an NDB at a particular aerodrome may have been removed. Most of these changes are not important when it comes to understanding the basic principles. If major changes occur in procedures or fuel requirements, they will be posted in the errata section of the web page. If you have the last-but-one version of the book, you should have no problems. However, the older your version is the more problems will arise.

By the way, the e-text version of the book is always up to date because when a change is made, it shows up immediately. So the next time you open the e-text that change will be incorporated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds