Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

AIP reference

• shreyasrawat
  • Topic Author

shreyasrawat created the topic: AIP reference

Hi Bob, I have come across a question which I am struggling to find the answer to. It goes as follows.

You are cruising in class G airspace but cannot maintain height and thus must climb into class E. Do you need to report this to ATS and if yes, what must you include?

Can you you tell me where to find this in the AIP?

Much appreciated :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: AIP reference

I don't think you will find a specific reference to that situation. However, a VFR aircraft may choose to operate in Class E airspace without a clearance providing the pilot has a transponder on 1200 and ALT and maintains a listening watch on the appropriate frequency. AIP ENR 1.4 para 4.1 and para 2.4.1 AIP ENR 1.10 para 2.3

• shreyasrawat
  • Topic Author

shreyasrawat replied the topic: AIP reference

Thank you for the response Bob. I forgot to mention this was an IFR aircraft cruising in class G and then enters class E.

Does this change the response?

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: AIP reference

Most certainly. For for the IFR pilot class E is considered the same as any other controlled airspace. You will need an airways clearance to enter class E.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds