Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Permitted Material For IREX Exam.

• Williamson
  • Topic Author

Williamson created the topic: Permitted Material For IREX Exam.

Hi,
I am just after some advice on the AIP "SUP" sections that we are encouraged to take into the CASA IREX exam. As the SUP sections are not sent out as part of the AIP or AIP amendment service anymore. I would love some tips on knowing exactly what SUP's I should print out from Airservices that will be valid/effective and align with my exam date.
My AIP is current under an amendment service, will this be current enough to take into a CASA exam with out worrying about SUP's?

I have also attached a Link to CAAP 234-1(2). I would like to know if printing this entire document and placing it in a binder will be acceptable as part of the permitted materials. www.casa.gov.au/sites/default/files/caap...or-aircraft-fuel.pdf

Cheers

Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Permitted Material For IREX Exam.

Use our extract it's all you need www.bobtait.com.au/extracts

You can only use the extract or you have to bring all the documents thats CASA's rules on the issue, Stupid I know

The use of these ‘selected extracts’ in CASA PEXO exams is subject to the following conditions:

The ‘selected extracts’ must be as provided without any additional pages, training notes, cross references or indexes added to them.
Candidates may choose to take into their exams either:
·These ‘selected extracts’ of CAOs, CARs and Part 61 documents; or
·The normal set of CAOs, CARs and Part 61 documents, but NOT both.
Should a candidate, as a result of using ‘selected extracts’, find that they cannot answer a question(s) or choose an incorrect answer(s), are not permitted to use this to request a re-marking of their exam.
Candidates may only take ‘selected extracts’ into those exams where each of those documents (CAOs, CARs and CASR Part 61) are part of the ‘permitted materials’ for that subject.
A divider page, used to separate the different sections, i.e. separating CAOs from CARs and from the Part 61 portions of ‘selected extracts’, is approved.
As per the normal CASA requirements stated on page www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/permitted-...rial-under-part-61of the CASA web site, no tagging of these pages is permitted, however candidates may choose to underline or highlight sections of the text if they wish (also as stated on that same page of the CASA web site).

• Williamson
  • Topic Author

Williamson replied the topic: Permitted Material For IREX Exam.

Thanks for the reply Stuart.

I am more chasing information on the AIP "SUP" as mentioned at the start of my original post.

Cheers

• blackjack76

blackjack76 replied the topic: Permitted Material For IREX Exam.

Hi, I understand for the IREX exam I need to bring CAR, CAO 20-95.2 and CAAP 234-1(0)

Your IREX extracts seem to cover the CAOs...do i need to buy/ borrow the other documents or are there other permitted extracts for these also.

Thanks

• sonwill

sonwill replied the topic: Permitted Material For IREX Exam.

Hello,
I am also a little confused on what ADDITIONAL documents I need to take into the exam and also study with to get used to where things are in them.

Is anyone able to clarify?

From CASA (www.casa.gov.au/licences-and-certificati...nder-part-61/ratings):

▸CAR 1988
▸CASR Part 61
▸CAO 20-95.2

As far as I can tell the bob tait extracts cover these 3 above items - is this correct and it is safe to assume we Shouldn't need anything else from these publications?

In addition to using the extracts, do you need to provide the following items?
▸CAAP 234-1(2.1)
▸AIP Book
▸DAPS East and WEST
▸ERSA
▸All ERC Low and TAC
▸AUS PCA

The AIP book and the ERSA particularity are massive documents, so if I don't need to spend time remembering where things are located in it, I won't, but it it is generally referred to in the exam I will!
I guess I am just looking for guidance as to what others have provided in addition to the extracts in the exam.

Thanks!

Dale

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Permitted Material For IREX Exam.

G'day Dale

Everything you have said is correct the extract covers the CAO CAR CASR but everything else is up to you that's the way CASA wants it
As a side note we'd love to supply a AIP and ERSA extract but they won't have a bar of that

Cheers

• sonwill

sonwill replied the topic: Permitted Material For IREX Exam.

Great,
Thanks for the reply this clears it up!

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds