Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Revision Exercise 5 - Page 179 - Lighting

• lucasgozzard
  • Topic Author

lucasgozzard created the topic: Revision Exercise 5 - Page 179 - Lighting

Hi Team,

I'm a little confused with Revision Exercise 5 on Page 179. For the 'Lighting' part, the answer explanation says "There is no standby lighting so an alternate would be required for lights irrespective of a responsible person being in attendance". When I read the AIP ENR 1.1 11.7.4.2, it says 'When a flight is planned to land at night at an aerodrome with electric runway lighting , whether pilot activated or otherwise, but without standby power, provision must be made for flight to an alternate aerodrome unless portable runway lights are available and arrangements have been made for a responsible person to be in attendance.

In the ERSA it says there is portable lighting available and the question states that there will be a responsible person in attendance. So to me this means an alternate would not be required.

Can anyone provide some clarity here?

Thanks.

Lucas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lucasgozzard
  • Topic Author

lucasgozzard replied the topic: Revision Exercise 5 - Page 179 - Lighting

Don't worry guys. I figured it out.

Thank you.

• Pailot51

Pailot51 replied the topic: Revision Exercise 5 - Page 179 - Lighting

What is the answer?

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds