Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

when carrying out a SID the angle of bank should average

• Wongwai09
  • Topic Author

Wongwai09 created the topic: when carrying out a SID the angle of bank should average

I am doing my IREX in a two weeks time and Just finished the timed practice exam and scored 88% for IREx, I am pretty happy with it. Just got one question I couldn't quite get around, from you SID section in your IREX book, page 220 Q22, when carrying out a SID the angle of bank should average, the answer is B which is 15 degree but your practice exam says it should be 25 degrees or rat one turn?? I am a bit confused?

Thank you very much in advance for your help and clarification.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: when carrying out a SID the angle of bank should average

By definition, a rate one turn is accomplished at 3°/second or 360° in two minutes.

An aircraft flying at 80 knots would require 15° of bank for a rate one turn whereas at 160 knots, 23° would be required and at 240 knots a bank angle of 31° so rate one is dependant on speed

• Wongwai09
  • Topic Author

Wongwai09 replied the topic: when carrying out a SID the angle of bank should average

I know rate one turn is 3 degrees per minute, but I just want to know this question ask for the angle of bank should average? is it 15 from Bob tait book or the practice exam which is 25 degrees? Same question and same wording but two different answers. Thanks for the reply

• Wongwai09
  • Topic Author

Wongwai09 replied the topic: when carrying out a SID the angle of bank should average

And also the textbook says the reference to AIP ENR 1.5 Para 8.5.5, but this page does not exist any more? so the angle should be average as per 1.5 1.23 should be 25, not 15, am I correct on this one? Thanks Stuart

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: when carrying out a SID the angle of bank should average

G'day Wongwai09

you are correct as per AIP ENR 1.5 para 1.23 25° or a bank angle that will produce a Rate one turn whichever is less

You must have an older book that question is not included in the current edition

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds