Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

PIFR

• Tonyjames
  • Topic Author

Tonyjames created the topic: PIFR

Hi Gents,
I'm going to be doing my Basic PIFR exam in the New Year, can you point me in the direction of what I would need to study and/or what study books are available.....cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: PIFR

G'day Tony

We offer a IREX study guide that contains everything you need to get you through it is available

in a hard copy text book or a E-text www.bobtait.com.au/irex-products-page

we also offer full time courses www.bobtait.com.au/courses/irex

you also require copies of the AIP, ERC/TAC, DAP [East & West], ERSA

and a copy of the IREX extract www.bobtait.com.au/extracts that you can print out and bind to take to the exam

Good luck with your studies

Cheers

• egipps

egipps replied the topic: PIFR

Hi Stuart, I have similar questions to Tony. Your answer addresses the IREX exam, but if you only want to do PIFR is there a guide to what you can leave out from the IREX text? And do you have any PIFR practice exams?
Cheers, D’

• Tonyjames
  • Topic Author

Tonyjames replied the topic: PIFR

Hey guys,
It's actually a different exam (not as hard) for the basic PIFR from CASA either through your approved flight school or the PEXO exam system. The exam doesn't deal with departures, approaches or instrument arrivals. The exam has questions about Human Performance and Meteorology as well
The items in relation to recency, fuel, alternate aerodromes relate to private flying and not charter and there is nothing on Night VRF as the basic PIFR is day time only, but you can add on Night VFR as a FPA (Flight Procedure Authorisation).

I used Bob's IREX book as well as 'The Australian Private Pilot Instrument Rating' study guide by Chris Markham which was great as it has practise exams for the basic PIFR.
I used Bob's IREX to study for the FPA's for GPS instrument approaches and SID and Night VFR as being a private pilot that's all I'll need as I have no need of ILS or to charter people.....hop this helps

• egipps

egipps replied the topic: PIFR

Thanks Tony,really appreciated. Stuart’s comment re the exams being the same really confused me. I’ll have a look for the PIFR book as it would be great to have some practice exams. Cheers, D’

• Tonyjames
  • Topic Author

Tonyjames replied the topic: PIFR

Hey I have attached the CASR Part 61 MOS Schedule 3 of what they will test you on in the PIFR Exam as well.
also if you go to this web page on CASA website it has the Tech data for VH-PIF aircraft the use in the exam as well
www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/private-ifr-rating-examination
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds