Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CIR Revision Questions

• Spike91
  • Topic Author

Spike91 created the topic: CIR Revision Questions

Hello,

My question is about two of the answers in the CIR Revision questions.

First one is question 9 of set 8. The question has you doing the RNAV (GNSS) Approach into Hay RWY 22. In the solution it says you are below minima as there is no AWIS. The current plate for Hay has a published AWIS phone number. From the IFR pilots I have talked to they have all said that is enough for you to get the actual QNH and reduce minima by 100 ft allowing the approach to continue. Can you please clarify this question or if it needs to be changed?

File Attachment:

File Name: HAYGN02-15...2018.pdf
File Size:1,715 KB

my second question is on Set 9 Question 1. Your doing a RWY 35 ILS for Canberra in a 3.3% MAP capable aircraft. The current plate 24 May 2018 has two DA options. One for 4.4% and the other 2.5%. As we cannot meet the 4.4% MAP that measn we need to use the 2.5% MAP DA and Minima. The minima for this is listed as 2.2km with 2200 RVR which can be reduced to 1.6km with the actual QNH. Given there is an ATIS we can use the 1.6km vis minima?? Answer in the back talks about HAIS unavaliable so use 1.5km which is below published minima. What is the correct answer for this question?

File Attachment:

File Name: SCBII01-15...2018.pdf
File Size:1,284 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CIR Revision Questions

Thanks for your feed-back on those questions. As you can imagine Air Services endless flow of amendments to documents drives us nuts! Those questions fell victims to those changes. We really appreciate your feed-back. We remain determined to keep the books as up to date as possible.

• Spike91
  • Topic Author

Spike91 replied the topic: CIR Revision Questions

Thanks for getting back on those. Wasn't sure if it was one of those ASA changing things quick or I miss understood something.

Thanks for your clarification.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds